DP World increases investment in terminals platform

DP World, a global supply chain solutions provider, and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec (CDPQ), a global institutional investor, have announced the expansion of their ports and terminals investment platform through a new commitment of US$4.5 billion.

This new funding increases the total size of the platform’s investment to US$8.2 billion, while DP World holds 55% share of the platform, and CDPQ the remaining 45%.

Since its launch in December 2016, the platform has invested in 10 port terminals globally and across various stages of the asset life cycle. The enhanced platform will continue to target assets globally, but with an increased scope to broaden its footprint in new and existing geographies, such as Europe and Asia Pacific.

The investment platform will pursue its deployment and diversification objectives by expanding across a wider part of the integrated marine supply chain, such as logistics services linked to terminals.

“Best-in-class well connected ports and efficient supply chains will continue to play an active role in advancing global trade and cultivating the business environments closest to their operations,” commented Sultan Ahmed Bin Sulayem, DP World Group chairman and CEO.

Emmanuel Jaclot, Executive Vice-President and Head of Infrastructure at CDPQ, said: “The enhanced platform will seek investments in high-quality port and terminal infrastructure assets that will help design the future of smart trade and logistics. As we take the next step in our partnership, we will further diversify our geographic reach and look to seize new opportunities in a sector that, even during a uniquely challenging period, is driven by long-term fundamental trends.”

Total Page Visits: 166 - Today Page Visits: 1

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

© Glory Media and Information

1269/B, Ayub Trade Center(13th Floor),SK Mujib Road, Agrabad, Chattrogram, Bangladesh. 📱: +8801713012395, ✉:info@bdshippingnews.com