Yang Ming Marine Transport Corporation board has approved the appointment of Patrick Tu as president and chief operations officer (COO) of the company.
The newly appointed president, Patrick Tu joined Yang Ming in 1992 and his last position was chief strategy officer and executive vice president of the Taiwanese company.
He has extensive experience in the departments of commercial and strategy development, with broad expertise of business development and liner planning. Previously, Tu has served as managing director of Yang Ming Line (Hong Kong) Ltd. and was stationed in Shanghai and Ningbo, China for some years, which has helped him build up the ability of exploring market opportunities on the frontline.
Yang Ming Marine held its 352nd Board Meeting on 12November 2020 to approve Tu’s appointment.
“While the upward trend appears to continue in the global shipping industry for the second half of 2020, it is expected that with the complementary strengths of finance and shipping from chairman Cheng and President Tu, Yang Ming will be able to build a stronger workforce and achieve higher business growth in the future,” commented the company in its announcement.
Yang Ming Marine
Yang Ming Marine Transport Corporation (Yang Ming) was established on December 28, 1972.
Since that time, our staff members across the world have observed our core value of “Teamwork, Innovation, Integrity and Pragmatism” in enhancing our transportation expertise and service quality. We have dedicated ourselves to providing global and sophisticated marine transportation services. By providing our customers with high-quality “punctual, speedy, reliable, and economical” services, Yang Ming has become one of the leading shipping companies in the world.
At October of 2020, Yang Ming operates a fleet of 90 vessels with a 7.037-million-D.W.T / operating capacity 622 thousand TEUS, of which container ships are the mains service force.
As a result of our effort to enhance our global competitiveness, Yang Ming has won the following awards and certificates since 1996: National Outstanding Quality Award of R.O.C. (Taiwan), International management code for the safe operation of ships and for pollution prevention (ISM Code), International Ship and Port Facility Security Code (ISPS Code), ISO 9001 Quality Management, ISO 14001 Environmental Management, ISO 27001 Certificate for Information Security Management System, TOSHMS 2011 Certificate for Taiwan Occupational Safety and Health Management System, and ISO 45001 for Occupational Health & Safety Management System, Customs – Trade Partnership Against Terrorism(C-TPAT), Authorized Economic Operator(AEO).
Yang Ming’s corporate culture as below:
- Emphasis is placed on the spirit of teamwork: Through team cooperation, team learning, and strict quality control in each link, we strive to maximize the synergy of the entire Yang Ming Group.
- Integrity is given the first priority: We endeavor to be honest in whatever we do and whoever we deal with. We require mutual respect, give care to society, and take delight in work.
- Pragmatism is our attitude: We always put our feet on the earth, are practical and do our job immediately.
- Innovation is encouraged: We use new thinking to strive for breakthroughs, transcend tradition, and attain perfection and professionalism.
- Decisions are based on humanism: We acknowledge the value of everyone’s work and provide our staff with a secure, healthy and discrimination-free environment.
- Harmony is greatly valued: We cooperate externally and harmonize internally; share interests with society, and coexist with the environment.
- Society is embraced: We supply valuable transportation in society and serve the society and all the people.
Team member of professional freelancer journalists.